Search This Blog

Thursday, February 2, 2012

Let's Talk...The Amazing Adele

     So do you ever come across a new song that at that very moment talks about how you feel and the things going on in your life? Oh believe me I do, I find it very interesting that I only really find amazing new artists and songs when I am having a life changing, crucial and sometimes hurtful event in my life. At a time that I was completely run down, with feeling ugly, lonely (well because I have an asshole of an ex-husband) and lost I found Adele. This woman is beyond amazing oh and beautiful. I think I really connect with her because in her life she has faced a lot of the same hurdles I have; weight, love and life. If you have never heard of or heard her sing then this is my dare to you, listen and tell me straight out if not one of her songs speaks to and exclaims the same thoughts you have thought. If it turns out to be not the case for you then I will do a post that tells some of my dirty secrets! Haha maybe, I'll think of something. It is my duty to write about things I find interesting and feel all of you should know about, so I give you Adele. Beautiful, soulful, so full of life but yet still human like the rest of us.

 


     Adele, is an English singer songwriter. She was offered a recording contract from XL Recordings after a friend posted her demos on Myspace in 2006. Her debut album, 19 was released in 2008 to much commercial and critical success in the UK. Her career in the US was boosted by a Saturday Night Live appearance in late 2008. Adele released her second album, 21 in early 2011. The album was well received critically and surpassed the success of her debut commercially. She is the first artist to sell more than 3 million copies of an album in a year in the UK. With her two albums and the first two singles from 21, "Rolling in the Deep" and "Someone Like You", Adele became the first living artist to achieve the feat of two top five hits in both the UK Official Singles Chart and the Official Albums Chart simultaneously since the Beatles in 1964. With her third release from the album, "Set Fire to the Rain", becoming her third number one single in the US, Adele became the first artist in history to lead the US album chart concurrently with three Billboard Hot 100 number ones. 21 is the longest running number one album by a female solo artist on the UK albums chart and is tied for the longest cumulative stay at number one by a female solo artist as well.

Now my honest opinion I don't think Adele has written and performed a song I haven't loved. In fact she has her own play list on my Ipod daily, there is just something about the sound and passion that comes from the words she sings. I have literally cried listening to her songs some days because at that very moment I felt the exact way as she does in the words. Simply adorable I don't know anyone who doesn't enjoy her. Take a listen, and like I said let me know what you think.


Take a Seat...Let's Listen


Tarah

2 comments: